Application Starts: 1 Nov 2019
This programme leads to the award of a Professional Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management from The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK).
This is a 4-month intensive programme specially designed to prepare senior registered nurses with a bachelor's degree to become nurse leaders or managers, capable of dealing with the challenges of population ageing and the increasingly complex healthcare environment. The programme emphasises advancing students' knowledge and skills in nursing leadership and management, and enriching their exposure to international healthcare management. Students are also expected to further develop their competence in management decision-making and evidence-based evaluation in their relevant healthcare management areas.
Who Should Apply
Bachelor’s-prepared registered nurses who would like to pursue specialty nursing education at an advanced level offered by a recognised university.
The applicant should:
- be a registered nurse in his/ her home country or region;
- have a bachelor’s degree in nursing or related discipline;
- preferably have at least 5 years’ post-registration clinical experience.
Students are assessed in every course through a combination of written assignment, project management, oral presentation and discussion, etc.
For graduation, students are required to have an overall attendance of at least 80% in each course and pass all the courses with an overall GPA not lower than 2.0.
Recognition of the Programme
The Professional Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF).
QF Level: L6
QR Registration No.: 18/000889/L6
Registration Validity Period: 05/12/2018 to On-going
The programme consists of three courses:
|1||Healthcare Management and Leadership||39|
|2||Resources Management and Evidence-based Practice in Nursing||39|
|3||Innovations and Partnerships in Nursing||39|
Prof. Suzanne Lo
Mode of Study and Medium of Instruction
- 4-month part-time programme
- English supplemented with Putonghua/ Cantonese
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Teaching and learning strategies include lecture, case discussion, project management, professional visit, web-based teaching and learning and self-directed study, as appropriate.
Classes are usually held on Fridays and Saturdays in Shenzhen or CUHK campus (Hong Kong).
HK$29,800 (For 2019-2020 intake) (For non-local applicants)
Career Prospects and Further Studies
- Advancing nursing excellence in leadership and management;
- Assuming leadership and management roles in wards, hospitals or other healthcare settings;
- Pursuing postgraduate studies in nursing or other health-related disciplines.
The Nethersole School of Nursing of the Faculty of Medicine, CUHK has a proud and successful history of providing undergraduate and postgraduate nursing education at par with international standards.
Advantages of Studying at The Nethersole School of Nursing
- Obtaining a professional certificate in nursing from an internationally renowned university;
- Studying in an established school of nursing with national and international links;
- Teaching by academic staff who are experienced in various clinical and management areas as well as in research;
- Studying in a friendly and stimulating environment conducive to effective learning and personal growth, with the support of helpful academic staff;
- Opportunities to attend lectures or forums delivered by experienced healthcare leaders or managers.