Dr. SONG Dan
PhD in Nursing graduate, admitted in 2015
Former Graduate Assistant
The Nethersole School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
I obtained my Bachelor of Medicine in Nursing degree from Anhui University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2012, and Master of Nursing degree from Zhejiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2015.
During my undergraduate and postgraduate studies, I had achieved No.1 ranking on academic performance in my department for seven consecutive years. Because of this I had received the university first-degree scholarship consecutively and the National Scholarship for undergraduates and postgraduates for four years. I was also honored with the award of Provincial Outstanding Graduate in 2012 and 2015 respectively.
To enhance my research capacity, I actively participated in several programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation and Provincial Science Foundation to investigate the application and effectiveness of TCM in combating chronic diseases in community. Meanwhile, I assisted my supervisor in writing the book “Traditional Chinese Nursing”; I was mainly responsible for text editing and typesetting.
Nursing is a caring and dynamic profession. I wish through strengthening my professional knowledge and research capacity I could contribute more to the nursing profession and our society. I am so grateful to CUHK Nethersole School of Nursing and the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for offering me this invaluable opportunity to fulfill my dream.
- Song Dan, Xu Tuzhen, Liu Yuhui, & Sun Qiuhua. (2014). The effectiveness of motivational interviewing on self-management ability in patients with type 2 diabetes：A meta-analysis. Chin J Nurs, 49(9), 1040-1045.
- Song Dan, Shen Qin, Xu Tuzhen, & Sun Qiuhua (2014). Effects of group reminiscence on elderly depression: A meta-analysis. International Journal of Nursing Sciences, 1(4), 416–422.
- Song Dan, Zhou Yue, Xu Tuzhen, & Sun Qiuhua. (2015). Effects of high fidelity human patient simulation in emergency nursing education: A systematic review. Chinese Nursing Management, 15(2), 161-164.
- Song Dan, Xu Tuzhen, & Sun Qiuhua. (2015). Effects of peer education on Type 2 diabetes patients in community on self-management: A meta-analysis. Nur J Chin PLA, 32(17), 1-5.
- Song Dan, & Sun Qiuhua. (2013). Advances in the prevention of catheter-related urinary tract caused by bacterial biofilm infections. International Journal of Nursing, 20(9), 17-21.