Ms. ZOU Huijing, Mia
PhD in Nursing student, admitted in 2018
The Nethersole School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
|Tel||(852) 3943 9939|
I obtained my Bachelor of Medicine in Nursing and Master of Medicine in Nursing degrees from Shandong University in 2014 and 2017 respectively.
During my study in Shandong University, I maintained high GPAs and obtained a large number of honours and awards, such as National Endeavour Scholarship, Outstanding Graduates of Shandong Province, and Outstanding Scholarships of Shandong University. I excelled as the top student among my peers, and was the only student recommended to an exchange programme to study at National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan from September 2011 to January 2012, and later obtained a certificate. As a master student, I actively participated in research projects sponsored by Shandong Provincial Natural Science Fund, the Key Research and Development Programme of Shandong Province, and Shandong University in the fields of cardiovascular care and nursing education. These research experiences offered great opportunities for me to acquire knowledge and skills regarding academic research. More importantly, I have developed a strong interest in nursing research and ambition to contribute to the development of nursing science.
After graduation, I worked as a teaching assistant at the School of Nursing, Yangzhou University. Working at the university was interesting but demanding, and I realised that I need to broaden my knowledge and enhance my research capacity to better prepare myself to meet my aims for future development. Afterwards, I had a further research on PhD programmes and learned that the programme in the CUHK Nethersole School of Nursing matches my research interests well. Besides, it offers locally and globally recognised education as well as a strong profile of academic experts. Accordingly, I made up my mind to pursue my PhD study in this world-class institution.
Apart from the encouragement from my family and friends, my supervisor and the interview panel members of the CUHK Nethersole School of Nursing also offered great support during my application for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme. Fortunately, the scheme will provide me with ample opportunities and support to scholastic research and activities, achieve my goals, and boost my future career. I wish to bring state-of-the-art knowledge to mainland China to promote the education, policies, and research of nursing science.
- Zou, H., Chen, Y., Fang, W., Zhang, Y., & Fan, X. (2017). Identification of factors associated with self-care behaviors using the COM-B model in patients with chronic heart failure. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 16(6), 530–538. https://doi.org/10.1177/1474515117695722
- Zou, H., Tian, Q., Chen, Y., Cheng, C., & Fan, X. (2017). Coping styles mediate the relationship between self-esteem, health locus of control, and health-promoting behavior in Chinese patients with coronary heart disease. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 32(4), 331–338. https://doi.org/10.1097/JCN.0000000000000357
- Chen, Y., Zou, H., Zhang, Y., Fang, W., & Fan, X. (2017). Family caregiver contribution to self-care of heart failure: An application of the information-motivation-behavioral skills model. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 32(6), 576–583. https://doi.org/10.1097/JCN.0000000000000398
- Zou, H., Chen, Y., Fang, W., Zhang, Y., & Fan, X. (2016). The mediation effect of health literacy between subjective social status and depressive symptoms in patients with heart failure. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 91, 33–39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychores.2016.10.006
- Cheng, C., Yang, L., Chen, Y., Zou, H., Su, Y., & Fan, X. (2016). Attributions, future time perspective and career maturity in nursing undergraduates: Correlational study design. BMC Medical Education, 16(1), 1–8. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-016-0552-1
- Zou, H., Fan, X. (2016). A teaching design for elder care using the self-decision making theory. China Higher Medical Education, 4, 1-2.