I was graduated from the School of Nursing, College of Medicine, Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU), major in Nursing. I obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in 2011 and completed my Master’s Degree studies in mid 2014.
I had achieved outstanding academic performance and acquired rich research experience during my study at XJTU. When I was an undergraduate student, I received various scholarships and awards every year because of my excellent academic performance. In 2011, I was the only student in our School receiving “the Outstanding Graduate Cadre of Xi’an Jiaotong University”, an award only presented to the top 1% of graduates in each academic year.
Regarding Master’s studies, my overall GPA (3.68/4.0) ranked No. 1 in my department. In order to strengthen my research capacity, I actively involved in most of the research projects led by my supervisor, Prof. Xiaomei Li. For example, I participated in the field survey and data analysis in a project on comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention and Health Education Network Model in resource-limited rural areas, sponsored by the Chinese National Science Foundation. In 2011-2012, I assisted Prof. Li in writing two books, the Introduction to Nursing and the Book of Nursing. I was mainly responsible for information collection, text editing and typesetting. In 2013, I took part in the Community Chronic Disease Management Programme sponsored by the China Medical Board (CMB). In this programme, I successfully formed a Diabetics Club in the Dongguan South Street Community in Xi’an, conducted health education lectures and provided health advice and guidance to community residents with diabetes. I had also participated in other programmes including a research programme on early identification and treatment of neurosis, which is one of the programmes under the Eleventh Five-Year Plan for National Economic and Social Development undertaken by the Fourth Military Medical University.
In 2012, I was nominated as the representative of XJTU to participate in CMB Young Nursing Scholar Training Programme, in which I had completed a research proposal and a presentation. In 2013, I successfully enrolled in the 2013 Summer School on Developing Critical and Innovative Thinking Abilities of Nursing Graduates hosted by the School of Nursing of Harbin Medical University, and was graduated with honors. These training programmes have broadened my horizons in both nursing science and nursing research.
It has been my dream to become a nurse since my childhood, and I wish I can become a nurse researcher and a professional caregiver one day. Thanks to the CUHK and the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for offering this invaluable opportunity for me to tap into my potentials and realize my dream to become an excellent student, researcher and caregiver.
- Zhang, J.J, & Lee, D.T.F. (2016). Meaning in stroke family caregiving: A literature review. Geriatric Nursing. In press. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2016.07.005
- Zhang, J.J., & Lee, D.T.F. (2016, March). Meaning in Stroke Family Caregiving: A Literature Review. Oral session presented at the Sixth Pan-Pacific Nursing Conference and First Colloquium on Chronic Illness Care of The Nethersole School of Nursing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Zhang, J.J., Yu, X.F., Liu, N., & Li, X.M. (2016, March). The Development of the Diabetes Self-Management Scale and Its Evaluation. Poster session presented at the Sixth Pan-Pacific Nursing Conference and First Colloquium on Chronic Illness Care of The Nethersole School of Nursing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Zhou, K.N., Zhang, J.J., Li, J., Lv, A.L., & Li, X.M. (2016, March). Psychometrics of the Diabetes Self-management Scale in community diabetic patients of Mainland China. Poster session presented at the Sixth Pan-Pacific Nursing Conference and First Colloquium on Chronic Illness Care of The Nethersole School of Nursing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Zhang, J.J., & Lee, D.T.F. (2015, October). Finding Meaning in Stroke Family Caregiving: A Literature Review. Oral session presented at The 10th IAGG Asia/Oceania Regional Congress of International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Liu, N., Zhang, J.J., Yu, X.F., Guo, Y., Li, Y., & Li, X.M. (2015). Development and testing of reliability and validity of the self-management scale for patients with hypertension. Chinese Nursing Research, 29(5), 1764-1767.
- Zhang, J.J., Liu, N., Yu, X.F., Li, Y., & Li, X.M. (2014). Development of diabetes self-management scale and checkout of its reliability and validity. Chinese Nursing Research, 28(10), 3578-3580.
- Li, Y., Nan, Y.P., Zhang, J.J., Liu, N., & Li, X.M. (2014). Investigation on nursing burdens and life quality of caregivers of patients with spinal cord injury during the rehabilitative period. Journal of Nursing Science, 29(10), 78-81.
- Zhang, J.J., & Li, X.M. (2014, June). The Development of the Diabetes Self-Management Scale and Its Reliability and Validity Evaluation. Oral presented at the 2ed CMB CCNN Graduate Forum of School of Nursing, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 2014.06.17.