I graduated in the Bachelor of Nursing Science Programme from the University of Indonesia, Indonesia in 2008. I studied the Erasmus Mundus Master of Nursing Programme in Portugal, Finland and Spain in 2012-2014 with a scholarship from the European Union. Meanwhile, I worked in hospitals and a journal office, and in my alma mater as a lecturer.
During my undergraduate study, I actively participated in many organisations and led various social, educational and advocacy programmes. Highlights included establishing a student organisation for emergency response and leading national nursing student movements to initiate the legislation process of the Indonesian Nursing Act to protect nurses in the workplace. I received some merit-based and competition-based scholarships and awards during my undergraduate study. After graduation, in addition to professional organisations, I volunteered in several disaster response missions. At the moment, I contribute to national and international oncology nurses’ associations.
In terms of research activities, I started to involve in large-scale research projects after graduation. The topics included malnutrition, nursing information management system, and cancer. The latter is my main research interest and the focus of my research projects. Before enrolling in the current PhD programme, I received a scholarship to study in Edinburgh, Scotland and then worked for a NIH-funded research project on HIV partner notification, led by a researcher from the University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
I am grateful for eventually finding my path and studying in the Nethersole School of Nursing, CUHK with a highly attractive funding from the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS). The School’s faculty members gave me tremendous support in obtaining the scholarship. They saw my potential and supported me all the way through the application process. It clearly reflects that they made concerted efforts to strive for the best possible outcome for their students.
- Milanti, A., Chan, D.N.S., Li, C. So, W.K.W. (2021). Actigraphy-measured rest-activity circadian rhythm disruption in patients with advanced cancer: A scoping review. Supportive Care in Cancer. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-021-06317-3
- Afiyanti, Y., Setyowati, S., Milanti, A. & Young, A. (2020). ‘Finally, I get to a climax’: The experiences of sexual relationships after a psychosexual intervention for Indonesian cervical cancer survivors and the husbands [published online ahead of print 24 Feb 2020]. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1080/07347332.2020.1720052.
- Haryani, H., Afiyanti, Y., Besral, B., Gayatri, D., Wahidi, K. R., Pramiasti, H. & Milanti, A. . (2019). Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the cancer survivors’ unmet needs measure among gynecological cancer patients in Indonesia. Archive of Oncology, 26 (2), 23-29.
- Sukyati, I., Afiyanti, Y., Rahmah, H. & Milanti, A. . (2019). Fear of recurrence predictors among Indonesian gynecological cancer survivors. Journal of International Dental and Medical Research, 12 (1), 305-309.
- Wijayanti, T., Afiyanti, Y., Rahmah, H. & Milanti, A. . (2018). Fear of cancer recurrence and social support among Indonesian gynecological cancer survivors. Archive of Oncology, 24 (2), 12-19.
- Afiyanti, Y., Milanti, A. . & Putri, R.H. (2018). Supportive care needs in predicting the quality of life among gynecological cancer patients. Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal, 28 (1), 22-29.
- Larasati, L. Afiyanti, Y., Rahmah, H. & Milanti, A. . (2017). Women’s knowledge, beliefs, and behaviors toward the prevention of human papillomavirus transmission. Enfermería Clínica, 28 (S1), 191-194.
- Nasution, C.L., Afiyanti, Y. & Milanti, A. . (2017). The relationship of the preexisting anxiety problem with the demographic profile of cervical cancer patients. Enfermería Clínica, 28 (S1), 199-202.
- Putri, R.H., Afiyanti, Y., Ungsianik, T. & Milanti, A. . (2017). Supportive care needs and quality of life of patients with gynecological cancer undergoing therapy. Enfermería Clínica, 28 (S1), 222-226.
- Afiyanti, Y., Rachmawati, I. & Milanti, A. . (2016). Evaluating sexual nursing care intervention for reducing sexual dysfunction in Indonesian cervical cancer survivors. Asia-Pacific Journal of Oncology Nursing, 3 (3), 266.
- Milanti, A. , Metsälä, E. & Hannula, L. (2016). Reducing psychological distress in patients undergoing chemotherapy. British Journal of Nursing, 25 (4), 25-30.
- Metsälä, E. & Milanti, A. (2016). Sytostaattihoitoa saavien potilaiden psyykkisen oireilun vähentäminen psykoedukaation avulla. Best Practice, 5 (18), 42-43.
- Hariyati, R. T. S., Yani, A., Eryando, T., Hasibuan, Z. & Milanti, A. (2015). The effectiveness and efficiency of nursing care documentation using the SIMPRO model. International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 27 (3), 136-142.
- Nuraini, T., Afifah, E., Agustini, N., Pujasari, H., Masfuri, M. & Milanti, A. (2015). Human patient simulation to improve the attitude of the nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 5 (4), 52.
- Afiyanti, Y. & Milanti, A. (2013). Physical sexual and intimate relationship concerns among Indonesian cervical cancer survivors: A phenomenological study. Nursing & Health Sciences, 15 (2), 151-156.
- Afiyanti, Y., Rachmawati, I. & Milanti, A. (2015). Penulisan Artikel Ilmiah untuk Bidang Keperawatan dan Kesehatan (Persiapan Hingga Publikasi) (Scientific writing for nurses and health care professionals) . Jakarta: Rajawali Press.
- Rebeiro, G., et al. (2015). Fundamentals of Nursing Clinical Skills Manual. (Indonesia edition). Singapore: Elsevier.
- Alligood, M. R., et al. (2014). Nursing Theorists and Their Work. (8th edition, Indonesian edition). Singapore: Elsevier.
- Milanti, A. & Afiyanti, Y. (2016). Evaluating sexual nursing intervention for cervical cancer survivors in Indonesia. Cancer Nursing, 39, 14-15.
- Milanti, A. & Mansikkamäki, P. (2013). The quality improvement of palliative care in the intensive care unit. Supportive Care in Cancer, 21 (S1), 547-548.