I obtained my Bachelor of Medicine in Nursing and Master of Medicine in Nursing degree from Shandong University in 2011 and 2014 respectively.
During my undergraduate and postgraduate study from 2006 to 2014, I received various scholarships and awards in recognition of my outstanding performance in academic, research and leadership ability, such as outstanding undergraduate scholarship, national scholarship, outstanding student leader award and outstanding graduate of Shandong province.
After graduation, I worked as a teaching staff in the School of Nursing, Yangzhou University and started to serve as a nurse in the Affiliate Hospital of Yangzhou University at the same time. In 2016, I got an opportunity to study in Hong Kong Polytechnic University as a Visiting Scholar for three months funded by the Tin Ka Ping Foundation. It was when I got a better understanding of the nursing education and research in Hong Kong and made up my mind to pursue my PhD in Hong Kong.
With the help of the staff in the Nethersole School of Nursing, CUHK, I obtained the HKPFS award which provides me with the opportunity to equip myself in a prestigious university and make a contribution to society in the future.
I enjoy the learning and academic environment here and work hard. I was awarded the Outstanding Academic Award for Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing by the School in 2021.
- Wan, X., Chau, J.P.C., Mou, H., Liu, X. (2021). Effects of peer support interventions on physical and psychosocial outcomes among stroke survivors: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Nursing Studies. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2021.104001
- Wan, X., Wu, C., Xu, D., Huang, L. & Wang, K. (2017). Toileting behaviors and lower urinary tract symptoms among female nurses: A cross-sectional questionnaire survey [J]. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 65, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2016.10.005
- Lai. C.K.Y. & Wan, X. (2017). Using prompted voiding to manage urinary incontinence in nursing homes: Can it be sustained [J]? Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 18 (6), 509-514. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2016.12.084 Epub 2017 Feb 22.
- Wan, X., Kong, L. & Wu, C. (2017). Premature voiding behaviors and its relationship with lower urinary tract symptoms among Chinese female nurses [J]. Journal of Nursing Science, 32 (03), 51-54
- Wan, X., Kong, L. & Wu, C. (2016). A case-control study of influence factors for female nurses with urinary incontinence [J]. Journal of Nursing (China) , 23 (15), 33-36
- Wan, X., Kong, L. & Ding, P. (2016). The status and risk factors of lower urinary tract symptoms among female nurses [J]. Journal of Clinic Nursing’s Practicality, 1 (08), 151-152.
- Wan, X., Wang, C., Xu, D., Guan, X., Sun, T. & Wang, K. (2014). Disease stigma and its association with quality of life among community-dwelling women with urinary incontinence: Study from a Chinese city [J]. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 23 (15-16), 2170-9. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.12482
- Wang, C., Wan, X., Wang, K., Li, J., Sun, T. & Guan, X. (2014). Disease stigma and intentions to seek care for stress urinary incontinence among community-dwelling women [J]. Maturitas, 77 (4), 351-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2014.01.009
- Wan, X., Zhang, Y., Liu, Y., Wu, C. & Wang, K. (2014). Female nurses’ toileting behavior and its influencing factors [J]. Journal of Nursing Science, 29 (1), 76-79.
- Wan, X., Zhang, Y., Liu, Y., Wu, C. & Wang, K. (2014).Validity and reliability of Chinese version of women’s toileting behavior scale [J]. Chinese Journal of Nursing, 49 (7), 778-781.
- Wan, X., Zhang, Y., Wu, C., Liu, Y. & Wang, K. (2013). The current status and influencing factors of bothersomeness in community-dwelling women with urinary incontinence [J]. Chinese Journal of Nursing, 48 (3), 254-257.