Dr. WANG Qun
School of Nursing, Shenzhen University, China;
Research Associate and PhD in Nursing graduate
The Nethersole School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
I acquired two bachelor’s degrees including Bachelor of Medicine in Nursing and Bachelor of Law, and Master of Medicine in Nursing (Research Master) degree from Xi'an Jiaotong University in 2009 and 2012 respectively.
During my study in Xi'an Jiaotong University, I was awarded numerous scholarships and awards in recognition of my outstanding academic performance, leadership skills and significant contribution to the university, such as National Scholarship, Peng Kang Outstanding Scholarship, Zhongjiao Tongli Scholarship, Outstanding Student Leader Award, Outstanding Student Award and Outstanding Graduate Award.
To strengthen my research capacity, I have participated in a number of research projects, including nursing human resources investigation in communities and hospitals, nutritional interventions and HIV/AIDS education programmes in rural areas in Northwestern China, and music interventions for community-dwelling older people. During my PhD study in the school, I was awarded the New Researcher Award (2013-14), Y. K. Pao Foundation Scholarship (2014-15), and CUHK Golden Jubilee Postgraduate Scholarship (2014-15).
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong, E. M. L. (2016 Epub ahead). The effects of a lifestyle intervention program on physical outcomes, depression, and quality of life in adults with metabolic syndrome: a randomized clinical trial. International Journal of Cardiology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)32008-6
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong E.M.L., & Li, X.M. (2016). The effects of listening to sedative music on depression in Chinese people aged 60 years or older: a randomised control trial. The Lancet. 388, S77. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673616320049
- Wang, Q., Chair, S.Y., & Wong, E.M.L. (2016). Effectiveness of a health promotion programme on self-efficacy and practice of exercise in Chinese metabolic syndrome population: a single-centre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet, 388, S81. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673616320086
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong E.M.L. (2016). Development of a health promotion model guided lifestyle intervention program for adults with metabolic syndrome. Cardiology.134(S1), 59. (DOI:10.1159/000447505) http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/447505
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong E.M.L. (2016). How effective is lifestyle intervention in weight management and depression in adults with metabolic syndrome. Cardiology.134(S1), 272. (DOI:10.1159/000447505) http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/447505
- Chair, S. Y., Yu, D.S.F, Ng, M.T., Wang, Q., Cheng, H.Y., Wong, E.M.L., & Sit, J.W.H. (2016) Evolvement of left ventricular assist device: The implications on heart failure management. Journal of Geriatric Cardiology. 13, 425-430.
- Cheng, H. Y., Chair, S. Y., Wang, Q., Sit, J. W. H., Wong, E. M. L., & Tang, S. W. (2016) Effects of a nurse-led heart failure clinic on hospital readmission and mortality in Hong Kong. Journal of Geriatric Cardiology. 13, 415-419.
- Wang Q., Chair, S. Y., Wong E.M.L., & Li, X.M. (2016) The effects of music intervention on sleep quality in community-dwelling elderly. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 22(7), 576-584
- Chair, S. Y., Wong, K.B., Tang J.Y. M., Wang, Q., & Cheng, H.Y. (2015). Social Support as a Predictor of Diet and Exercise Self-efficacy in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease. Contemporary Nurse. 51(2-3), 188-199.
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong, E. M. L. (2015) How much do the patients with central obesity know about metabolic syndrome? A cross-sectional study. Poster presented in the Sixth Pan-Pacific Nursing Conference and First Colloquium on Chronic Illness Care. Hong Kong, 2-4, Mar, 2016.
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong, E. M. L. (2015) The effects of a lifestyle intervention program on metabolic syndrome management, self-efficacy and lifestyle modifications: a randomized control trial. Orally presented in the Sixth Pan-Pacific Nursing Conference and First Colloquium on Chronic Illness Care. Hong Kong, 2-4, Mar, 2016
- Chair, S. Y., Wang, Q., Yu, M., So, W. K. W., Tian, C., Sit, J. W. H., ... & Fadol, A. (2016). A Psychometric Evaluation of the Chinese Version of the MD Anderson Symptom Inventory‐Heart Failure in Chinese Cancer Patients with Concurrent Heart Failure. Rehabilitation Nursing. [Epub ahead of print. doi: 10.1002/rnj.259].
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong, E. M. L. (2015) Health promoting behaviors in Chinese patients with metabolic syndrome. Full paper orally presented in the 4th Annual Global Healthcare Conference, 29-30, June 2015, Singapore.
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., Wong, E. M. L., & Li, X.M. (2015) Sleep quality in Chinese overweight and obese elder people. Sleep Medicine. 16, S49.
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., Wong, E. M. L., & Li, X.M. (2015) How effective is the music intervention in improving sleep quality among elder people? Results of a randomized control trial. Sleep Medicine. 16, S48-49
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., Wong, E. M. L., Li, X., Liu, M., & Zhang, Y. (2014). Comparing the predictive abilities of different metabolic syndrome definitions for acute coronary syndrome: A case–control study in Chinese adults. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, 12(7), 390-396.
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., Wong, E. M. L. Li, X. M. & Wang, S. L. (2014) Depression in Chinese overweight and obese elder people. Asian Journal of Gerontology & Geriatrics, 10(1), 50.
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., Wong, E. M. L., & Lee, D. T. F. (2014). What are the Influencing Factors of Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors? A Qualitative Study in Adults with Metabolic Syndrome. Journal of Atherosclerosis Thrombosis, 21, S8.
- Wang, Q., Lo, W.S., Chair, S. Y., Wong, E. M. L., & Lee, F.K. (2014). A tale of two cities: comparing the knowledge of metabolic syndrome in the risk populations in Hong Kong and Xian, China. Journal of Atherosclerosis Thrombosis, 21, S20.
- Wang, Q., Chair, S. Y., & Wong, E. M. L. (2014). How much do our patients know about metabolic syndrome? Presented in the 35th International Association for Human Caring Conference. Kyoto, 24, May, 2014.
- Gu W., Wang J., Zhang M.X,, Wang Q., Yin J.. (2010). Study on prediction of pressure score with Braden rating scale for patients with spinal cord injury. Chinese Nursing Research, 24, 3054-3056.
- Wang Q., Li X.M. (2011). The study on sleep quality and influencing factors of elder people in city-communities of Xi`an. Chinese Nursing Research, 26, 591-594.